Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Tue, Aug 11 2009, Josselin Mouette wrote:

> Le mardi 11 août 2009 à 10:11 -0500, Manoj Srivastava a écrit :
>>         Except you have not indicated how you (or debhelper) is going to
>>  intercept ld to add the requisite arguments.
>
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-changes/2009/07/msg01229.html

        So the proposal is to add --enable-linker-build-id to CFLAGS?

        OK, I guess that would work. But you still have the advantage,
 using the current debug link mechanism, of looking to see if you have
 debug symbols for a given executable/library easily, without having to
 compute potentially 3 checksums (depending on which algorithm was
 selected at build time) and trying to match that (in multiple
 directories).

        Can you  point ot me the disadvantage of continuing to use what
 dh_strip does now?

        manoj
--
I have the simplest tastes.  I am always satisfied with the best. Oscar
Wilde