Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Le Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 01:07:33PM +1000, Anthony Towns a écrit :
> > On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 07:28:58PM +0200, Luk Claes wrote:
>
> > > We'll be consulting all key teams within Debian to see how their plans
> > > and schedules can fit into a new timeline. Before the end of August we
> > > hope to have finished this process of consultation and be able to
> > > present the new plan to you.
>
> So, with August almost half-way over, I guess the release team's not
> going to be doing much more to seek input from non-key teams/developers.

Hi all,

in the Debian Med packaging team – that I hope I will not hurt people's
feelings by classifying as ‘non-key’ because most of our packages are leaf
packages – I have started a discussion about our internal release goals
(combined with a ping of the members of our Alioth project, in line with the
post-release ping proposition I made about Debian membership). I will try to
write a summary by the end of August, which I will be happy to CC to
debian-release@l.d.o or -devel for info if there is interest (do not hesitate
to tell me to do it earlier). If you like the idea, I recommend that the other
‘leaf’ teams to do the same. That is probably the most work-efficient for
everybody.

Leafs are what give trees their nice colors :)

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,