Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 01:55:51PM -0700, Russ Allbery wrote:
> Roger Leigh <rleigh@codelibre.net> writes:
>
> > nor for keeping the packages separate from the main archive (if the size
> > of the Packages file is an issue, can't they just go in a separate debug
> > section/component?)
>
> The Packages file lists all archive sections.  I think you mean moving
> them to a separate archive area (which by definition means moving them
> outside of main, since main is an archive area).  That doesn't mean that
> they need to move off of ftp.debian.org, just that they would be akin to
> contrib or non-free.  I think that approach makes the most sense, since
> that also allows main mirrors to choose whether they want to mirror the
> (possibly quite large) debug archive area.

That's what I meant (just not sure of the correct dak terminology).
Would this present problems for the ftp-masters, since TTBOMK currently
source and binary packages are restricted to the same area?  i.e. would
work on projectb/dak be required to implement such functionality?

Regards,
Roger

--
  .''`.  Roger Leigh