Re: Non-unified patches and dpkg source format ‘3.0 (quilt)’.

On Fri, Aug 07, 2009 at 04:12:35PM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Pierre Habouzit <madcoder@madism.org> wrote:

> >> Hi Russ and everybody,
> >>
> >> I already explained that I prefered that the patch stays in the original format
> >
> > Then you'll need to write your "own" patch system that calls patch(1) to
> > apply the patches, à la cdbs-simple-patchsys.
>
> Why should he need to do that?  If you'd had written "submit patches to
> dpkg", I could get a meaning out of it, but here?  He doesn't want to
> diverge from upstream.

Oh boy, are you even reading... That's a workaround to wait for dpkg to
be fixed. If you're willing to fix dpkg, please go ahead, but Charles
first try is clearly _not_ a proper fix, hence for now no such patch
exists.
--
Intersec <http://www.intersec.com>
Pierre Habouzit <pierre.habouzit@intersec.com>