Can you (re)confirm that packages re-uploaded to NEW are processed according to the date of their first upload?

Dear FTP team,

when I notice potential problems in the debian/copyright file of packages in
the NEW queue, I contact the maintainers and suggest them to re-upload a
corrected version to save your time. (http://wiki.debian.org/CopyrightReview).

The web summary of the queue contents lists the packages by upload date, but I
remember reading from you in a previous discussion that the queue is processed
according to the date of the first upload. Unfortunately, I lost the reference…

Can you confirm, or can somebody point me at the correct message in our lists
archive, so that I can document it on the wiki page?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan