Re: Debian GNU/Linux 6.0 "Squeeze" release goals

Luk Claes <luk@debian.org> wrote:

Hi,

> There will be a Build-Arch field or some other way to make sure the
> arch:all packages can be built reliably.

How will this work wrt non-Linux ports?

If you declare Build-Arch: i386, and that means the package should be
built only from Linux/i386, that makes the kfreebsd (and hurd) port
dependent on the Linux port.

I think we want our non-Linux ports to be as self-hosting as our
Linux port, so that has to be taken into account...

Real-life case: I could make refit an arch: all package, binaries
are the same wherever it's useful (i386, amd64 and their kfreebsd
counterparts) and it can be built from i386, amd64 or kfreebsd-amd64
(not kfreebsd-i386, for it lacks a biarch compiler).

JB.

--
 Julien BLACHE - Debian & GNU/Linux Developer - <jblache@debian.org>

 Public key available on <http://www.jblache.org> - KeyID: F5D6 5169