Re: Automatic Debug Packages

On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 12:36:16PM +0200, Emilio Pozuelo Monfort wrote:
> Do you think that limitation is enough to change from one ddeb per source
> package? Should we maybe allow any number of ddebs, and only build one ddeb in
> the common case? Or allow both one ddeb per source package and one per binary
> package?

Well, it happen to me frequently to have the same source packages
building different (OCaml) libraries called
lib{foo,bar,...}-ocaml-{,dev}. Ideally, I would like to have one -dbg
package per library, but it is not really an important requirement. If
the user is asked to install a -dbg package to do debugging, size
constraints are usually of secondary importance and one package
containing debugging info for all libraries doesn't look like a
problem in my use cases.

Thanks for the feedback.