Re: emacs23 uploaded to unstable

On 2009-08-02 09:58 +0200, Florian Weimer wrote:

> * Rob Browning:
>
>> I've uploaded the first emacs23 packages (23.1+1-1) to unstable.  Please
>> file bugs as appropriate.
>
> Has anybody else experienced the FTBFS related to the removal of
> dir.old?

Not me (building in pbuilder).

> It also seems to me that the Truetype-capable redisplay code is much,
> much slower, especially during scrolling.

I haven't tried emacs23 yet, but on recent emacs-snapshot packages I did
not experience much of a slowdown compared to emacs22.  There is often a
delay when Emacs has to display characters that cannot be represented
with the current fontset; in this case it takes time to find a a
suitable font.  However, subsequent scrolling should be fast.

Maybe the fact that emacs23 links against libm17n-0 and libotf0 while
emacs-snapshot does not can explain the difference.

Sven