Re: Bits from the release team and request for discussion

Hi,

On Donnerstag, 30. Juli 2009, Jonathan Wiltshire wrote:
> The press team are still announcing [1] this as a "decision to adopt the
> policy of timed release freezes beginning with the next release", while
> RT maintain that it is under consideration. Which is true?

Both! ;-) Or the latter, take your pick.

Really, it would have been extremly bad to make a press release the next day
reverting yesterdays press release (noone would belive our press releases
until after they have aged 48h...) as it would been very bad to just go on...

Also, in any case, it's a time based freeze *plan* - how the reality will look
when squeeze and squeeze+1 are frozen is not written in PR.

And now everybody, fix an RC bug! :)

regards,
	Holger

P.S.: Yes, learning is sometimes hard and sometimes its painful too (to learn
by mistakes), but in the end, it's definitly worth it. And the alternative is
almost always worse.