Re: [Debconf-discuss] using OpenPGP notations to indicate keysigning practices

Charles Plessy <plessy@debian.org> writes:

> that would be very welcome. This whole discussion confuses me and I do
> not understand if Debian as a project accepts signatures that are not
> based on a passport or an ID card. For instance, I have used drivers
> licenses or social security cards as well, is that acceptable ?

Social security cards are going to depend a lot on the government you're
talking about.  For example, you should never accept US social security
cards as any form of identification.  I believe current US social
security cards even say this on them.  Mine (and I haven't heard that
this has changed, although it's possible) contains absolutely no
anti-counterfeiting security measures and does not have a photograph.
I could trivially print one out on a laser printer.

Other countries issue cards for similar uses that are much more robust.