Re: BTS and the missing 'invalid' tag

On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:24:48 -0300
Tiago Bortoletto Vaz <tiago@debian-ba.org> wrote:

> #531002 made me bring this to -devel. It seems Debian BTS fails in
> #not offering
> an 'invalid' or 'notabug' tag for cases which are not covered by
> 'wontfix' [0]. I've found the following discussions about this issue:

Just put a comment in the message to $number-done@bugs.debian.org that
you're closing the bug as invalid. Closing doesn't mean that the bug
has been accepted as valid. (That can be done with confirmed.)

> For me it doesn't make sense to mark something as "I will not fix" if
> actually there's nothing to fix. I'm curious to know how other
> maintainers have addressed such cases in BTS.

Nothing to fix? close the bug. I don't see we need two different ways
to close a bug. Invalid would still close the bug.

--

Neil Williams