Re: RFC: DEP-3: Patch Tagging Guidelines

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009, Raphael Geissert wrote:
> I mean, often the patch name already says enough about it, at times patches
> are just trivial (a typo fix doesn't need four or five lines to be
> described), at times they are forwarded as soon as the new package is
> uploaded, at times they are $VCS commits from upstream. And mandating or
> even recommending to add all that documentation is useless in those, and
> probably more, cases.

Have you tried to write the field for your cases? The spec is relatively
light-weight even if it tries to support the more complicated case too.

Origin: vendor
Forwarded: yes

Origin: backport: commit:08bfa6f46f5eab33e1d608870cca71632d051ddf

Origin: vendor
Forwarded: not-needed

Cheers,
--
Raphaël Hertzog

Contribuez à Debian et gagnez un cahier de l'admin Debian Lenny :
http://www.ouaza.com/wp/2009/03/02/contribuer-a-debian-gagner-un-livre/