Re: Who uses @packages.d.o mail?

* Stephen Gran <sgran@debian.org> [2009-05-22 23:30:03 CEST]:
> If this is actually the case, I'd like to close the domain down to only
> accept mail from other debian.org machines.  If it's not, I'd like to work
> with people who do use it to either make it possible to send their mail
> from debian.org machines or from a short whitelist of machines elsewhere.

 Not everyone has access to an debian.org machine, and
@packages.debian.org is the address used in debconf po files for
reporting messageID bugs to. A canonical easy way to reach the
maintainer(s) of a package without digging around in various fields
though is appreciated, and this is the one.

 So long,
Rhonda