Re: "Debian is switching to EGLIBC"

John Goerzen wrote:
> Julien BLACHE wrote:
>> John Goerzen <jgoerzen@complete.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>>> I, for one, have heard just about enough of "Hey developers, we're doing
>>> $FOO, and it's already been decided, so put up or shut up" from people.
>>>  I'd like a little bit more along the lines of "Hey developers, we
>>> really think $FOO is a good idea.  Here's why.  What do you all think?"
>> How does "hey developers, we're sick and tired of having to put up
>> with Uli, how about you find some new people to maintain glibc in
>> Debian" sound like?
>
> Having to deal with Uli is a pretty strong argument in favor of
> switching to eglibc in my mind, but it still doesn't mean it has to be
> presented as a fait accompli.

I fully agree, especially considering that EGLIBC want to be more
"open" in comparison to glibc (or better, its maintainer).
Don't do the same errors as glibc!

BTW, IMHO an announcement in d-d-d should be made. Normally a change
of system libraries has huge impact on maintainer and user
(and still on our nightmares), so an assuring mail
would good. (and also to have better references to media.
The auriel blog has too much personal attack).

ciao
	cate