Re: Outdated config.{sub,guess} package list

Michal Čihař <nijel@debian.org> writes:

> Dne Sat, 25 Apr 2009 07:10:24 +0300
> Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> napsal(a):
>
>> Like lintian, your list falsely includes packages that use cdbs to build,
>> which automatically updates config.{sub,guess}.
>
> If you don't build depend on autotools-dev, nothing can be updated (at
> least it was case for my package which uses dh).

Speaking of autotools-dev, that package seems somewhat outdated.
Upstream config.{sub,guess} is newer than what's in autotools-dev, for
example, and the /usr/share/doc/autotools-dev/README.Debian.gz
documentation does not accurately describe modern autotools.

I don't think overriding config.{sub,guess} in debian packaging is the
right solution without forwarding the problem report upstream.  It is
not a debian specific problem.

/Simon