Re: debian/copyright verbosity

Matthias Julius <lists@julius-net.net> writes:

> It is exactly what you would get if someone would merge the three
> files into one. Suddenly, the copyright statements cover the whole of
> the contents of all three files and you couldn't knwow anymore what is
> by whom. Would the copyright statement be less true?

But, in the proposed scenario, that *hasn't happened*. How is it a
useful preservation of information to falsely assume that an event has
occurred when writing ‘debian/copyright’, or to ignore the distinction
of whether it has or not?

--
 \         “All my life I've had one dream: to achieve my many goals.” |
  `\                                            —Homer, _The Simpsons_ |