Re: bdb versions for squeeze

On Thu, Apr 09, 2009 at 01:04:38AM +0200, Michael Biebl wrote:
> Sorry for hijacking the thread, but what are the plans for bdb in squeeze, I'm
> counting 5 atm:
> libdb4.2
> libdb4.4
> libdb4.5
> libdb4.6
> libdb4.7

> Are there plans to reduce this?

I believe the reverse-deps of db4.2 have all had RC bugs filed against them
(and TTBOMK there are no remaining reasons why they shouldn't transition,
given that the problem child openldap has made the jump).

libdb4.5 has been successfully removed from Ubuntu for jaunty, it should be
possible to do the same for squeeze.

I don't know if there's anything holding up getting rid of libdb4.4, but we
can hope - there are only two reverse-build-depends in unstable at the
moment.