Re: "Team uploads"

Matthew Johnson dijo [Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 08:24:44AM +0100]:
> > It is a useful concept, but I would like to consider them as "special
> > case NMUs" rather than "special case MUs".
>
> Quite apart from the issue of deciding whether or not something is 'team
> maintained' in all cases, if you are a member of the team and you are
> making uploads to the package, then you should just add yourself to
> uploaders, surely...?
>
> That said, the option so far which is least bad is "Team Upload" in the
> same way as "QA Upload", i.e. no NMU version number, no  NMU procedures,
> no delay, etc, just something to ack the mismatch of changed-by and
> uploaders/maintainer.

In the pkg-perl group, at least, it is not at all uncommon that a team
member (usually not a DD) works on a package and tags it as ready for
upload. And then a DD just comes along, checks it, builds and uploads
- without having worked with it. It is not precisely a sponsored
upload, but a team activity for both. So, yes, we have usually worked
aroud it by adding both the people who did the work and the DD to
Uploaders:

Still, even if the package is group-maintained, it is good to be able
to note who is most familiar or has worked most with the package -
And the current scheme does not properly represent it (save for
parsing debian/changelog)

PGP key 1024D/8BB527AF 2001-10-23