Re: Environment variables, debian/rules and dpkg-buildpackage

Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> ... and pretty please, do not choose a solution that will require
> adding an "-include" to 15'000 thousands debian/rules; we will finish
> doing that by Lenny+50, the earliest.

It would take some time, yes; but packages using cdbs would only require a
binNMU once cdbs includes that file on its own.
IMO this is what looks like The Right Solution; are we willing to ignore it
just because it would take some time?

Anyway, any package that was last updated before dpkg-buildpackage started
to set the environment vars could easily be discarded, because it was never
affected by the ENV vars mess.

What other approach (which fulfils all the pros already mentioned by Manoj)
do you suggest?

Cheers,
Raphael Geissert