Re: libpoppler3 missing in unstable

On Mi, 11 Mär 2009, Adeodato Simó wrote:
> because the fact that decrufting poppler would render texlive uninstallable,

Some forewarning to the Debian TeX Team would have been helpful.
Especially since the FTBFS is not easy to circumvent because that
stu**** poppler people have simply removed any (I repeat *any*) way to
get the library version from within the library.

I have fixed that for luatex and I am working on updating the patch for
texlive, but since there more progs (xetex, pdftex) are involved it is
not as trivial.

I expect to upload fixed packages of texlive-bin in the next 2 days.

Best wishes

Norbert

BANTEER
A lusty and raucous old ballad sung after a particulary spectacular
araglin (q.v.) has been pulled off.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff