Re: LXDE doesnt support Debian Menu

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 10:14:34AM +0000, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> On 2009-02-26, Daniel Dickinson <cshore@bmts.com> wrote:
> > --Sig_/b/o0j06x1Maj8m.BfPK65gn
> >
> > Is that a violation of a must directive and therefore a bug that will
> > need fixing ASAP?  AIUI packages that have a GUI are required to have
> > debian menu, but I'm not sure if the window manager / desktop has the
> > same requirement.
>
> I am considering starting a discussion within the KDE team to stop
> supporting the Debian Menu.
>
> It becomes more and more useless - and it is also very ugly, as the menu
> itself specifies icons that are nonexistant in all icon themes.

Yeah. Our menus are great.

I've recently installed most KDE apps on a Etch-upgraded-to-Lenny system
with a default GNOME desktop.

The "Settings" top menu is now mostly unusable, as it is one long list that
includes both KDE and GNOME settings.

A few other menus are long and cluttered. This is unlike the menus in my
IceWM.