Re: xcdroast does no longer work with wodim: Who to blame?

On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 09:28:28AM +0100, Joerg Schilling wrote:
> >xcdroast is looking for cdrecord, which does no longer exist in Debian
> >Sid (apparently). And wodim does no longer provide a symlink as cdrecord
> >or something (apparently).

> >So: xcdroast does no longer work. Who is to blame (Bug entry): xcdroats
> >or wodim?

It's a bug in the xcdroast package.  There is a 'cdrecord' dummy package in
unstable which provides a cdrecord compatibility symlink to wodim, so if a
package invokes cdrecord it's possible to still depend on it.  Whoever
updated xcdroast to depend on wodim should have made it call wodim, at the
same time.