Re: ucf: Diversion of /u/b/ucf by etcgit

Manoj Srivastava <srivasta@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 21 2009, Jörg Sommer wrote:
>>
>> Right, but when I hook into apt-get, I can get the configuration file
>> shipped with the packages. But that has nothing to do with ucf.
>
>         What does "hook into apt-get" mean?

I use the hooks Pre-Install-Pkgs and Post-Invoke as provided by apt-get.

>         What happens if I do a dpkg -i?

Nothing. You have to update the branches by hand.

>         Also, there might be nothing shipped with the package. You can't
>  "hook into apt-get" to get the file generated in the postinst -- since
>  there might not _be_ a upstream version at all until the postinst is
>  run.

You can with the Post-Invoke hook.

>         I will consider adding a conflicts to the ucf package as well.

Are you contented, when I disable the wrapper and add an option so the
user can enable the wrapper if he likes or leave it if he dislikes?

Regards, Jörg.
--
Perfection is reached, not when there is no longer anything that can be
added, but when there is no longer anything to take away.