Re: Refactoring the Debtags web interface

On Sun, 22 Feb 2009, Enrico Zini wrote:

- workflow changes:
   - form subcommittees by broad topics: "The Gnome Guys", "The KDE Guys",
     "The Web Developers", "The Photographers" and so on, and give them
     the ultimate say on a set of tags, including being able to say "these
     packages are ok and reviewed now, disallow edits for all our tags on
     them".

Very reasonable.

   - maintainer specific (review submissions related to my packages)

Reasonable.

   - interest specific (review submissions related to a set of
     interesting tags; for example, the ocaml maintainers may want to
     review changes to the *::ocaml tags)

Very reasonable.

- auditing
   - track the history of tag changes for a package

The only reason I see here mihght be to track down "Debtag-Vandalism".

About authenticated access:

- I do not want to maintain another user/password database: this should
  be done with Openid and a whitelist of identity providers that every
  DD can easily use (like alioth or debian)

... and I do not want to remember just another password - so yes, please
try to use plugins to debian LDAP or Alioth.

- SQL Database to track the workflow
   - Track who assigned / removed a tag
     Anon users, Member of team X, Autotagger X, Tag reviewer

IMHO important for Debtags QA.

   - Unchangeable ("definitive") tag changes

Hmmm, "unchangeable" - is there anything in this world unchangeable? ;-)

   - Privilege tables for contributors
      - is a maintainer / uploader of
      - is member of group

Seems to be consistent with what you suggested above -> very reasonable.

- Xapian Index

I have to less knowledge about Xapian to give reasonable comments here.

Ciao,

I'd really like to thanks you at this place for your continous work for
Debtags!

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--