Re: RFC: DKMS - Dynamic Kernel Module Support

Hi Josselin:

As I understand, the dpkg maintainer (Michael Vogt) is implementing the
idea of package groups that have sticky dependencies.  This should mean
that when a package gets installed, it will need to register with the
package group.  When a kernel with a new ABI is available, it won't be
offered as an upgrade until all of the items in the package group are
available for the upgrade.

I've added him on to try to comment on this some more.

--
Mario Limonciello
*Dell | Linux Engineering*