Re: dpkg with triggers support (again)

Steve Langasek writes ("Re: dpkg with triggers support (again)"):
> I don't claim that it doesn't matter because it works fine on all current
> Debian platforms.  I claim that it doesn't matter because it works fine on
> all platforms that Samba has been ported to, [...]

That's interesting.  I didn't know that.  It's true that my coding
style may be influenced by factors which are no longer relevant.
Normally I prefer to be correct with respect to the specification
rather than conducting extensive research into behaviour of various
systems, whereever possible.

Do you happen to know if Samba also uses NULL to pass an int* to a
stdarg function ?  Guillem does that too.

I don't know if there are any plausible machines out there where
int*'s and char*'s have different representations but in fact just the
other day I was having a conversation about how on certain weird
ARMish chips (where pointers address words, not bytes) that would be
one reasonable ABI given the architecture.

Ian.