Re: mass ITPs

Quoting Henrique de Moraes Holschuh (hmh@debian.org):
> On Fri, 29 Feb 2008, Paul Wise wrote:
> > Perhaps in future mass ITPs could be mostly filed with only one to
> > submit@bugs.debian.org and the rest to quiet@bugs.debian.org instead?
>
> That would defeat a lot of the purpose of the ITPs (like looking at the
> descriptions, etc).  I think we just have to deal with it, they are not as

There is indeed no chace that a normal human can look at all
descriptions of the gazillions of ITP that are currently flooding
-devel (and I'm not only talking about Rafael ones here).

There seems to be some crazyness about packaging new stuff these
days. That would be fine.....if only our existing packages were well
maintained.....which, for many of them is certainly not true.

If someone cares to listen: when you think about ITPing each and every
piece of FLOSS that pops around: think about *helping* people who
maintain existing packages instead of adding even more noise to our
noisy bunch of various crap^W software.