Re: canonical list of port-specific CPP symbols

On Tue, 2008-11-11 at 01:22 -0600, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a canonical list of symbols defined by each of the
> Debian architectures, e.g. do I test for Sparc using
> __sparc or __sparc__ ?  How about m68k, hppa, etc?
>
> My first guess was that would be contained on http://ports.debian.org/
> but no such luck.

GCC will define __arch, __arch__, and if you don't use -ansi or -std=
then the arch name by itself.  (One more reason why you should use those
options.)  The architecture names probably aren't all the same as dpkg
uses.

This might be a useful addition to
http://wiki.debian.org/ArchitectureSpecificsMemo

Ben.