Re: RFC: update-rc.d <script> disable|reenable

 Thanks for looking into this!

On Sun, Sep 21, 2008, Kel Modderman wrote:
> --- update-rc.d hotkey-setup reenable 3 4

 I'd love to have "disable" just disable the script in its current
 config and "reenable" reenable it in its current config.  I wonder
 whether we could use the x bit for this; this would also allow per
 runlevel disabling and enabling, but would additionally allow
 preserving local changes to the enabled/disabled runlevels, and hence
 disabling/enabling the service for all runlevels.
   This would also make it natural to name the command "enable" rather
 than reenable.

 If we can't use the x bit for this for some reason, perhaps we can
 add a policy-rc.d-alike mechanism in invoke-rc.d to support a list of
 enabled/disabled service/runlevel combinations?

--
Loïc Minier