Re: RFH: automake, library and sub-automake using rpath

On Thu, Sep 04, 2008 at 09:54:37PM +0200, Philipp Matthias Hahn wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have a problem with the audit-package [1]:
> 1. it uses autoconf/automake
> 2. it builds a shared library
> 3. it aggregates a copy of a python sub-package named "system-config-audit",
>    which uses a _seperate_ autoconf/automake. The parent-autoconf calls it
>    using AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS([system-config-audit])
> 4. the sub-package uses the shared library.
>
> Since the library is only installed in a temporary location, and the
> sub-automake doesn't know anything about the _temporary_ installation, the
> sub-package links to that library using a rpath. Lintian sais:
>
> W: system-config-audit: binary-or-shlib-defines-rpath ./lib/system-config-audit-server /media/storage/debian/pool/main/a/audit/audit-1.7.5/lib/.libs
>
> Does some autoconf/automake/python-guru know how I can fix this dilemma?

Hi Philipp,

For NuFW I also remove a local rpath (#495769) .. yet this is not a auto* trick,
I just use the debian tools.

I added a Build-Dep on chrpath [1], and the following line in debian/rules (after
the installation step):

  chrpath -d $(CURDIR)/debian/libpam-nufw/lib/security/pam_nufw.so

HTH,
Pierre

[1] http://packages.debian.org/lenny/chrpath