Re: Availability of debian changelogs

On Tue, 2008-05-27 at 13:40 +0300, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Today I run 'aptitude update' and noticed than new version of aptitude
> (0.4.11.3) is available. But, 'aptitude changelog aptitude' exits with
> error - no actual changelog available at
> http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/aptitude
>
> Why changelog is not available?

New upload delays. It is available now:

http://packages.debian.org/changelogs/pool/main/a/aptitude/aptitude_0.4.11.3-1/changelog.html

>  Or where have I can obtain a changelog
> in such situations?

http://incoming.debian.org/

Even if the package itself has moved out of incoming and is beginning
propagation to the mirrors, there is usually a build from a port waiting
in incoming - in the case of aptitude, ia64 is currently in incoming:

http://incoming.debian.org/avant-window-navigator_0.2.6-6_ia64.changes

To view the actual changelog:
$ sudo aptitude install deb-gview
$ deb-gview http://incoming.debian.org/aptitude_0.4.11.3-1_ia64.deb

This also allows you to view the maintainer scripts, copyright, symbols
file, shlibs file and any other text/manpage/image content of any .deb
or .udeb in any location, including foreign architectures. To view
all .debs from an upload, pass the .changes file to deb-gview instead
(but note that this results in one window per .deb and all those need to
be downloaded using GIO).

--

Neil Williams