How do I trace aptitude dependencies?

Hi,

Currently I have a situation where attempting to upgrade imagemagick
from version 7:6.2.4.5.dfsg1-1+lenny1 to version 7:6.3.7.9.dfsg1-2+b1
pulls in over 200mb of dependencies, including mozilla-browser,
iceape-browser, and half of gnome. Using aptitude's 'i' command to
attempt to get information on why some of these are being installed
results in things like:
i   pbuilder       Recommends devscripts
i A devscripts     Recommends www-browser
piA iceape-browser Provides   www-browser
piA iceape-browser Recommends iceape-gnome-support

This makes no sense, as I already have links installed for
www-browser. Even stranger are things like:

i   pbuilder   Recommends devscripts
i A devscripts Recommends www-browser
p   konqueror  Provides   www-browser
p   konqueror  Depends    libqt3-mt (>= 3:3.3.8b)
p   libqt3-mt  Depends    libaudio2

Konqueror is not installed, nor is aptitude attempting to install it.

Is this a bug in aptitude? If not, how can I find out where the errant
dependencies are coming from so I can file bugs on the appropriate
package? I've tried refusing the packages it lists one by one to try
to find where the bad recommends is, but I quickly get lost, given how
many packages are involved.

Any help debugging this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryan Donlan