Re: Restart automatic build

On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 11:59:39PM +0200, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> On 06/04/2008, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> > automatic build of wengophone [1] on arm failed because of a GCC
> > internal compiler error.  Who should I ask to request a retry of the
> > build?
>
> $arch@buildd.debian.org.

However, if the reason it failed was an internal compiler error, then
unless the bug in the compiler has been fixed, such a rebuild will not
serve any purpose; the package will fail to build on exactly the same
place.

There are three things you can do now, in order of preference:
- Fix the bug in the compiler, or provide enough information for someone
  to be able to do so (preferable, but not necessarily feasible),
- Try to find a workaround for the bug (e.g., sometimes changing the
  optimization level may help, or you could build-depend a specific
  compiler version on this architecture). Please coordinate this with
  the architecture's porters, on debian-$arch@lists.debian.org
- If all else fails, ask the release managers to remove the arm package
  from testing, so that the new version of your package can migrate.

  -- #debian-devel, Freenode, 2004-09-22