Re: custom package dependencies not installing

On Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:47:49 -0800, William Francis wrote:

> I admit this is my first custom .deb project but I think I've done
> everything correctly but I must be missing something that's causing
> the missing dependencies to install?

You did not.
Dpkg searches for local files only. If you had all the dependencies in that
directory, you could just (sometimes it's not that easy though):

# dpkg -i *.deb

But, since you need to download the dependencies from the repository, you
install your package with `dpkg -i', and then fix the missing dependencies with
apt. And here's where `apt-get -f install' enters the scene! Nothing wrong :)

Congratulations for your first package! ;)

David

--
 . ''`.  Debian maintainer | http://wiki.debian.org/DavidPaleino