Re: pre-building NEW packages, when they only introduce new binary packages

Evgeni Golov wrote:
> On Sat, 09 Feb 2008 20:10:20 -0500 Philippe Cloutier wrote:
>
>>> That probably won't make much time difference on "fast" archs (i386,
>>> amd64 etc), but on slower ones like mips, mipsel etc (those sometimes
>>> hold up testing transition :().
>> A missing build will only slow testing migration if the package wasn't
>> built when the unstable testing delay is over. Since almost all uploads
>> to NEW are low urgency, the build would need to take over 10 days to
>> affect the time to testing migration.
>
> pokerth 0.6-1-2 needed 13 days (uploaded on 28.01, built [but not yet
> uploaded] today), so it *can* make a difference (not a really big one
> though in this case)

paje.app 1.97+cvs20080110-2 did not built on mipsel for 26 days:
http://packages.qa.debian.org/p/paje.app.html
http://buildd.debian.org/build.php?arch=mipsel&pkg=paje.app&ver=1.97%2Bcvs20080110-2

I wrote a mail to mipsel@buildd.debian.org (I put them in CC of this mail again)
asking to trigger a build on 5 feb. I got no answer (can someone confirm that
I'm using the good address email) ?

I really hope this package will be build soon: paje.app was removed from testing a few
time ago due to old FTBFS bugs. I would like this version to be in testing some times
before the lenny freeze (new upstream version with new GNUStep libraries)
Currently, paje.app in unstable 1.97+cvs20080110-2 has no bugs for 26 days but mipsel
build is missing and preventing testing migration...

  Best regards,
    Vincent