Re: Re: Re: pre-building NEW packages, when they only introduce new binary packages

Dear Philippe,

if the ressources are scarce, I think that it would be fair that the
internal competition for the access to them would be organised in a
productive way. The current system disfavours the works that changes the
structure of the package. How does this fit in a strategy to optimise
the usage of the buildd power in Debian?
It avoids building packages that will be rejected.

If by "disfavour" you imply that it's intentional that NEW packages aren't built before being accepted, I think you're wrong. I think it would require not completely trivial changes.