Re: toolchain issue makes qt3 drop symbols ?

> it looks like a toolchain issue.

Some people point to binutils 2.17 -> 2.18.
We think about a binutils-2.17 bug that ?stat64 appeared in the first place.
Indeed, ?stat64 weren't defined in Qt3.

> Some packages expects these symbols (gwenview, ktorrent, virtualbox-ose and
> probably many others)

so far, identified packages are:

k3b
kdebase
ktorrent
gwenview (already rebuilded against Qt3.3.8b)
virtualbox-ose

> Do it like ubuntu did and just binNMU the packages expecting these symbols?

I'm in favor of binNMU needed packages.
For informations, KDE 3.5.9 will be tagged on february 13th and
released on 19th.
In case of binNMU, we can skip KDE3 packages and wait for KDE 3.5.9 upload.

> And I don't know if other packages are affected by the same toolchain change ?

ldd -r -d 2>&1 | grep undefined | grep stat64 on /usr/lib and /usr/lib/kde3

I found some other undefined not related to ?stat64 symbols.

cheers,

Fathi