Re: List of packages shipping shell scripts with bashisms + MBF proposal

Raphael Geissert <atomo64+debian@gmail.com> writes:

> Atm, checkbashisms only complains with this:
>
>> _From_: bashisms-amd64-2.10.15/libtool_1.5.26-1_amd64.deb
>> possible bashism in ./usr/bin/libtool line 1218 (trap with signal
> numbers):
>>     trap "$run $rm $removelist; exit $EXIT_FAILURE" 1 2 15

This one is somewhat arguable.  Pure POSIX doesn't allow signal numbers,
but the XSI extension to POSIX does and dash and posh both support them.
We do not, in general, accept XSI extensions, but it's hard to argue
strongly for excluding a feature that even posh supports.