Re: [RFC] Changing priority of selinux back to optional

On Thu, Feb 07, 2008 at 04:34:58AM -0600, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>..
>         Well, don't bother with the SELinux packages; most of them are
>  already in Incoming, though I am not packaging straight out of SVN yet.
>  I'm sticking to the released versions, until I can see a clear need to
>  go to SVN HEAD ...

I had problems with home dir contexts (generating user contexts for
actual mapping system user to SELinux user) with this versions. Must to
say, I didn't to attempt to analyze the problem to much. I went for
newer versions (and some dependency problems too), because I saw, that
Fedora uses these.

E.g. F8 uses:
    checkpolicy-2.0.4
    libselinux-2.0.43
    libsemanage-2.0.12
    libsepol-2.0.15
    policycoreutils-2.0.33

and maybe these packages are patched a lot.

>         Hmm. My packaging does not care, really, what the python
>  versions available are;  and so on my machine at the moment it provides
>  both 2.4 and 2.5 bindings (using python-support).  What changes did you
>  think needed to be made in the packaging?

This is probably no problem on Sid. Your packaging is ok there.

zito@sid:~$ pyversions -s
python2.4 python2.5

zito@etch:~$ pyversions -s
python2.4

Etch has python2.5, but it is not supported. I must change your
packaging a bit, so this version (python2.5) was used on Etch for
bindings python-semanage.

>         Yes, I am still pondering how many packages I need to split this
>  into.  There are 5 shared libraries, with different so names and
>  releases (so could be 2 packages per library -- 10 packages), then
>  there are python bindings (can be just one package), there are java
>  bindings (another package), and then there are the tools tehmselves,
>  adding up to 13 packages.

I did that packages only, so seaudit can run. There is a gap probably.
I did only binaries:
    setools
    libsefs4
    libsefs-dev
    libseaudit4
    libseaudit-dev
    libapol4
    libapol-dev
    libqpol1
    libqpol-dev
    libpoldiff1
    libpoldiff-dev
    libsetools-tcl
You can see at http://linux.i.cz/debian/pool/main/s/setools/

>         Well, that makes the packaging effort a non-starter for me; I
>  don't want to have to switch into CDBS.

I thought this when I see your worked up system :).
CDBS can reduce packaging code duplication, I think.

> > Openssh package of Sid needs change, because it has problems with
> > initialization of user context. (Not the case for Etch openssh.)
>
>         Could you expand on this, please?

http://readlist.com/lists/tycho.nsa.gov/selinux/1/9751.html

Cheers
--