Re: How to cope with patches sanely

>         Umm. Why would any distributed version control system always
>  need history truncation?  I am not even sure that arch has such a
>  thing; and I have never felt the need for such a beast.
>
>         A distributed VCS that bundles in the whole archive in every
>  checkout might well need that, but not all distributed VCS systems do
>  that.

I wouldn't be surprised if arch took as much room to store log files
({arch}/...) as e.g. git takes to store the actual content of historical
revisions.  Deleting those log files is arch's version of "history
truncation".

[Not that I've actually felt the need to do so, but they do take up a
lot of room...]

-Miles

--
.Numeric stability is probably not all that important when you're guessing.