Re: Considerations for 'xmms' removal from Debian

#include <hallo.h>
* Josselin Mouette [Tue, Jul 03 2007, 09:37:55AM]:
> Le mardi 03 juillet 2007 à 08:18 +0200, Eduard Bloch a écrit :
> > Audacious, like many other players, has this stupid concept of reading
> > every file from the filelist to get the metadata. Not really realistic
> > when acting on slow filesystems. But this is something that made XMMS so
> > much superiour over others, it was fast and lightweight.
>
> By default, audacious only does it for files that are displayed,

I see this in strace output with default configuration. Switching the
setting between on-display and on-load makes it even worse, then it
opens every file THREE times. Sorry, wtf?

Further, it has broken SIGTERM handling. Unless I am able to find such
visible problems within minutes, this program is no replacement for the
good old XMMS.

> depending on the size of the playlist window. This feature can also be
> entirely deactivated.

I don't want to have it entirely deactivated, I want it to work then and
only then when I need this information.

Eduard.