FW: Re: distro specific kernels vs vanilla kernel and how to compare among each other

hi !

i`m thinking of starting a small project to compare distro-specific kernel changes (see below)

before starting i wanted to take a first look at how different distro`s kernel-source looks like and how patches being handled there.

it was easy for me to get suse/fedora kernel and both have a patch collection within the source-rpm.

as an example, for suse/fedora each patch has a specific name like

-rw-r--r--  1  659   50   921 27. Aug 21:42 acpi_force-fan-active.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50  3275 18. Sep 10:36 aux-at_vector_size.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50 14495 27. Aug 21:42 cpufreq_move_policy_init.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50  9371 27. Aug 21:42 cpufreq_ondemand_as_default.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50  2204 27. Aug 21:42 dm-add-ratelimit-logging-macros.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50   919 27. Aug 21:42 dm-bio_list-prefetch-removal.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50  1541 27. Aug 21:42 dm-delay-cleanup.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50  7899 27. Aug 21:42 dm-mpath-hp-sw.patch
-rw-r--r--  1  659   50 19648 27. Aug 21:42 dm-mpath-rdac.patch

and they are applied to vanilla source when you build the binary rpm.

i don`t know how debian build system works - but is this handled differently there?

i searched for some time and all i found was some large diff which i can turn into a broken-out version, but a patch-collection with logical patch-names would give a better overview.

unfortunately i`m not deep enough into debian and maybe you can point me to the relevant patch files/archives/repositories or tell me if it`s different in debian ?

thank you!

regards
roland

Jetzt neu! Im riesigen WEB.DE Club SmartDrive Dateien freigeben und mit
Freunden teilen! http://www.freemail.web.de/club/smartdrive_ttc.htm/?mc=021134