Re: Prevent pdebuild from removing temporary build dir

On Tue, 31 Jul 2007, Pierre Habouzit wrote:

How about using pbuilder hooks?  Something like $hookdir/C01_shell:

--- 8< ---
#!/bin/sh

cd /tmp/buildd/*/debian/..
/bin/sh < /dev/tty > /dev/tty
--- 8< ---

 you may even want to have some usable env, and enhance it that way:

   [artemis] cat .pbuilder/C10_launch_shell
   #!/bin/sh
   # invoke shell if build fails.

   echo "I: installing necessary tools to work in the damn chroot"
   apt-get install -y --force-yes vim zsh &>/dev/null
   dpkg --purge nvi

   cd /tmp/buildd/*/debian/..

   /bin/zsh < /dev/tty > /dev/tty

Sounds like what I'm looking for but I have problems to implement this
hint.  I tried pdebuild --hookdir $HOME/.pbuilder and also added
HOOKDIR=/home/myhome/.pbuilder to my .pbuilderrc but there is no visible
effect.  Did I missed something?

Kind regards

        Andreas.

--