Re: Mass bug filing: Dependency/file list predictability

"Steinar H. Gunderson" <sgunderson@bigfoot.com> writes:

> Russ Allbery <rra@debian.org>
>    sident

Hm.  I don't know best to fix this.  The problem is that there's now a
libgssapi2 package which provides a generic GSSAPI layer but no actual
implementation.  S/Ident supports building against any GSSAPI library.  So
if you install other weird GSSAPI libraries that aren't the one installed
with Build-Depends, it can end up linked with a different GSSAPI library.

I suppose I can Build-Conflict with the wrong GSSAPI library.  Supporting
multiple GSSAPI libraries is actually an upstream feature, not an upstream
bug, and it's not the sort of thing that one can control with --with
options when they're all installed with the same prefix.

I'm surprised that remctl didn't have the same problem.  It uses exactly
the same configure logic.