NMU's for non RC bugs

In the process of fixing one RC bug (#359299) in order to fix another
(#289668) I am testing a possible fix for two other related bugs in the
first package (g-wrap) : 428800 and 383049 (just merged).

The related bug is currently only normal severity:
"g-wrap binary package depends on libgwrap-runtime0-dev instead
libgwrap-runtime0"
"Please drop guile-1.6-dev dependency for Gnucash"

guile-1.6-dev becomes part of the GnuCash dependency chain due to
g-wrap depending on libgwrap-runtime0-dev.

I have permission from the GnuCash maintainer for that NMU and I have
waited for a reply from the g-wrap maintainer without a response on my
NMU for 359299.

Neither 428800 nor 383049 have any response from the g-wrap maintainer
(Andreas Rottmann) in the bug reports although he is active (entry in
debian-devel-changes for 7/7/07).

So I'm asking here - Andreas, if you are around, do you agree that
g-wrap should not depend on libgwrap-runtime0-dev but
libgwrap-runetime0 instead? Are you in a position to upload a fix or can
I include it in my existing NMU?

Everyone else: If Andreas does not respond, is there any way of fixing
428800 and 383049? Are the issues worth an RC bug anyway?

I don't mind making two NMU's, if that helps clarify the different
issues.

--

Neil Williams