Re: apt package channel / python-apt

On 6/27/07, Frédéric PICA <frederic.pica@gmail.com> wrote:
Greets,

I have some interrogations about apt :
I want to develop a centralized system holding what packages operations
happened on a remote debian system (in a database).
I'm using the DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs apt option to get information about
what packages are installed/removed/updated but I need also to know from
wich channel the package come (channel + url).
I have took a look at python-apt but I didn't find a good documentation :(,
the same for libapt... so I've got some troubles to use it.

Considering you don't want to write a wrapper over apt or something
like that, there's no reason to dive in python-apt. I would suggest
you to use 'apt-cache madison $pkgname' output on DPkg::Post-Invoke or
something like that, that data compared with the package version
installed would give you the exact 'channel' you want.

regards,
-- stratus
http://stratusandtheswirl.blogspot.com
get debian @ http://get.debian.net/