Re: Can we require build-arch/indep targets for lenny?

On Mon, Jun 18, 2007 at 04:40:26PM +0200, Thomas Viehmann wrote:
> Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> >I would like to gather up some momentum for a policy change. Namely
> >that the build-arch/indep targets in debian/rules become required
> >instead of being optional.
> Wouldn't looking for the output
>   make: *** No rule to make target `build-arch'.  Stop.
> and then defaulting to make build be an option?

make: *** Er is geen regel om 'build-arch' te maken.  Gestopt.

Yes, you can use LC_ALL=C, but some people do strange things to their
environment. The point is that parsing output that isn't meant for
machine consumption is usually a bad idea.

OTOH, this is trivial:

build-indep: build
build-arch: build
build: