Re: License discussions in Debian

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 12:07:52PM +0200, Frank K?ster wrote:
> You could ask Anthony whether you're allowed to publish his reasons on
> -legal.  That would do the project a great favor.

You could just ask me directly you know...

] > I thought choice-of-venue is non-free by default?
]
] Via Simon Phipps's talk at debconf, we've got Sun on the record
] as interpreting "choice of venue" as only being relevant when the
] two parties to a suit both have a presence in multiple jurisdictions,
] including the one that's "chosen", which means it's not a problem at all.
]
] For the other case, even if Sun did want to make German laws apply to
] an Australian or similar, I don't think that holds up as a claim anyway.

I don't think that's a particularly useful addition to what's already
been in this thread. Well, beyond as inspiration as to how much better
-legal could do if it was willing to come to with a conclusion of the
form "this license is flawed in these novel ways, but none of them are
enough to make it non-free for Debian".

Cheers,
aj