Re: checklib

On Fri, 1 Jun 2007 20:53:10 +0000 (UTC), Oleg Verych
<olecom@flower.upol.cz> said:

> Notes about original:
> - `basename' doesn't work,

        Why? It seems to work perfectly fine here.
__> basename /usr/local/src/arch/packages--debian/kernel-package/kernel-package/debian/common/checklibs
checklibs

> - unlink early, rather than that "trap" bloat,

        You do not seem to understand what trap does.  I unlink temp
 files the moment I am done with them.  Traps are set to handle
 exceptions, and to clean up when those occur.

        Please read up on signal handling; your remark seems to indicate
 you don't know what it is all about.

> - "progname" isn't used anyway,

        Right. It is standard boilerplate for my scripts; I usually use
 it in diagnostic messages; of which none seemed to have survived into
 production.

> - awk, perl overkill, (there could be `python' easyly ;)

        awk and Perl are essential packages; python would mean a
 dependency.  I also don''t like python, so I am unlikely to add python
 code to my build system.

> - `objdump' can handle one file at time (and not buggy).

        I don't understand that comment.
,----[  Manual page objdump(1) ]
`----

> + i would suggest $PATH compatible EXTRA_.... syntax

        I don't understand this comment either.

        manoj
--
Spelling is a lossed art.