Re: On maintainers not responding to bugs

On Tue, 27 Feb 2007, Ben Finney wrote:
> The goal as I understood the OP was to discourage letting bugs (of
> 'normal' severity or above) sit unacknowledged while the package
> moves forward with further uploads. There was nothing in the
> proposal about addressing the speed of fixes.

Allow me to quote from the OP:

   What do people look on the following idea: not allow packages to
   migrate from sid to testing if they have unanswered bug reports
   with severity >= normal?

Thus, if you have a package with any unanswered important or normal
bugs, it will not progress. In order to assure propogation, you must
respond rapidly to any bug that is filed with these severities, even
though this has nothing to do with fixing the bug. This is a technical
impedance to a maintainer getting useful work done, like fixing RC
bugs in testing, and as such is not something that I can condone.

Don Armstrong

--
More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads.
One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness.